Friday, February 26, 2010

Bored of Pandora?

I was playing with my Stumble Upon button (which come to think of it I don't think I've ever blogged about and I should) and I stumbled upon a new music site. I haven't decided yet whether I like it more or less than pandora, and it definitely has some drawbacks, but overall I've had a lot of fun playing with it.This is a picture of the site.

The main drawback with it is that to really play around with the site you have to pay for it, which I refuse to do. But you can still have fun with the free options. What you do is choose what type of mood your in, energetic or calm, and dark or positive. You can also choose what decade you want your songs coming from, and what style of music. There are buttons at the top where you can say "play your favorite artists," "similar artists" and "discovery." Unfortunately you can't choose "favorite songs" which plays your fave songs (duh) but I don't really mind that. The "discovery" button searches for less popular songs which I think is pretty cool. The annoying thing is you can't skip around the map it's drawn out unless you get the "premium version". You can still tell it what songs you like and what ones you don't like tho, so I'm happy enough with it. The interesting thing (to me) was that when I was signing up all the questions were in french (or another similar language?). But it wasn't hard to tell what they were asking. You can also use it without signing up, but where's the fun in that? I've liked most of the songs they've played, once I got my settings in a good place, and now I'm rocking out! :) You should try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment