Monday, April 5, 2010

St. Patty's Dinner!!

I forgot to take pictures for it! I'm a tard.

So not to bore and just to sum: the food that was cooked as planned was the goulangeres, the main dish was of course the corned beef and a the side were bangers and mash. The goulangeres did NOT look like the pictures in the slightest. The corned beef was DELICIOUS and had a brown sugar and mustard topping that I absolutely loved and want to make again. The sauce from the bangers went awesome with the mash.

Dinner was running late (as usual if I have anything to do with it) so Margaret helped me out and brought an extra appetizer: Gouda and crackers. I love cheese and crackers, really one of my favorite appetizers. Also, I forgot that Ashley was a vegetarian and pretty much everything involved meat so I ran out and bought some asparagus for an extra side dish. And I didn't have time to make dessert so Margaret also brought little short cakes with strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream.

And, although I had planned to be the master chef for this master dinner I ended up kinda just being the coordinator. Alex and his little brother Dan helped a ton (they made the goulangeres and helped with the corned beef) and Margaret and Cally did the asparagus. I used premade mashed potatoes and cooked the sausage. But I swear I was busy and running around the whole time! I'm not very good at big dinners though, and the Easter dinner got canceled since the Irish dinner was only three days before and was a LOT of work, so from now on I'm gonna not say I want to cook everything. Maybe I'll just stick to desserts, that's what I'm good at.

I swear this was just a summary, I really could have gone on for pages more, but what's the fun without pictures? I've got some really exciting blogs coming up soon, as soon as I upload my pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment